QUESTIONÁRIO PARA AJUDAR NAS LIGAÇÕES DAS FAMÍLIAS AMERICANAS!



1. Sorry, I don't understand. Can you repeat, please?
2. Can you speak slowly, please?

KIDS

-How many children do you have?
· What are their names and how old are they?
· Bebê: Is she/he walking and talking yet?
· Are they energetic or calm kids?
· Are they in the school? (Se sim) How they go to school? (Se for de carro) Will I take them to school by car? Do the children study in the morning or in the afternoon?
· When are they on vacation?
· Do the children study another language?
· Do they have another activity besides the school? Do you expect me to go with them?
· What do they like to do in their free time?
· What are their favorite games and toys?
· How is the children’s routine?
· Could you explain the child care duties in detail?
· What do they usually eat? (for breakfast and lunch)
· Do you expect me to cook for them?
· Do the children sleep out? (Se sim) Do you expect me to sleep out with them?
· Will I have to take the children to the doctor or dentist?
· Do the kids suffer from any kind of allergies?

CITY

· Where do you live?
· Is it a small or big town?· Is it near a big city? Which one?
· How is the weather in your city? Snow there? Is there a beach there?
· Is the public transportation accessible?
· What things are there to do in your city?
· Which is the nearest airport?
· Can you pick me up from the airport?

HOUSE

· Do you live in house or apartment?
· How is your house?· How many people living there?
· How many rooms does it have?
· Is the au pair’s room individual or will I have to share it with somebody else? (Se sim) Who is this person?
· Where is the au pair’s room in the house? Can you describe it?
· What equipments are in the room? TV, radio, computer.
· Can I have access to internet?
· Will I have a private bathroom?
· While I’m there, nobody will sleep with me in the room, right?
· Do you have pets? (Se sim) What kind and is my responsibility to take care of them?
· Do you have a housekeeper? (Se sim) How often? Is she living there?
· Will I be responsible for any housework duties? (Se sim) Which ones?
· Are there other families with children nearby?
· Are there any other au pairs in the area?
· What things are there to do with the children?
· Do you do many dinners or parties or you receive a lot of people in your house?· Do family members or relatives live nearby?
· What are the house's rules?
· Are there language schools near your house?

ABOUT THEM

-What is your name? And what is your husband’s or wife’s name?
· Were you born and bred in USA? And your husband/wife?
· How old are you? And your husband/wife?
· Do you work? And your husband/wife?
· Where do you work and what do you do? And your husband/wife?
· What time do you work?
· Are you pregnant? (Se sim) When is the baby born?
· What language do you generally speak in the house?
· Do you follow a special diet?
· What kind of food do you eat?
· Is there any kind of food that you don't eat?
· Does anybody smoke in the house?
· Do you travel to work often?
· What are the family activities on the weekends? Can I go with you?
· Do you travel on your vocation? And on children’s vocation?
· Do you expect me to travel with you on your vocation?
· Do you have any religion?
· What are your hobbies?
· What kind of music do you like?
· What time do you go to bed?
· What time do you get up? And the children?
· Which are your cultural habits?
· How are commemorated the Christmas, New Year and birthdays in the USA?
· Have you ever been in Brazil? (Se sim) Did you like? (Se não) Would you like to visit here?

AU PAIR

· Have you ever had an au pair before? Which nationality?
· Is she living with you yet? (Se sim) Would you mind if I ask you to talk to her or send her an e-mail? Can you pass me her email or can I talk to her?
· Did you like the experience with an au pair?
·How is the au pair seen by you?
· What qualities do you find important in an au Pair? What are you expecting from me?
· Some au pair returned before completing one year? (Se sim) Why?
· What are the rules for au pair to bring over friends such as other au pairs or parents?
· What will be my responsibilities with each kid?
· What will my schedule be like?
· Will I have time to study? What time? Can I study when the children are in the school?
· Can I go out in my free time?
· What time can I get home during the week and on the weekend?
· Can I receive and make phone calls in your house? Can I receive letters?
· Will I have a key copy of the house?
· Will I have to take bed and bath clothes?
· When will be my rest day?· Do I need to work all the weekend?
· How the wage is paid? In cash?

CAR

· How many cars do you have?
· What kind of car do you have automatic or standard?
· Will I have permission to use the car? How often? How far?
· Who will pay for the gas when I use the car?
· Can I use the car to go to study?
· Can I use the car for my personal use during my free time? In this case, who will pay for the gas?

PERGUNTAS PARA A ATUAL AU PAIR:

· What do you think about the family? And the kids?
· Are they nice with you?· Do they pay you weekly or per month?
· Do you do extra work? I mean, if you work for other people, take care of their kids or clean the garden from neighborhood?
· Do you do any course? If so, are the courses near from the house?
· How are the kids and the family in your opinion?
· Is there any cool near place to go there?
· What do you most like to do in your free time?
· What do you think they would like to receive as a gift?

DEPOIS QUE TIVER FAMÍLIA:

· Would you like me to take something from Brazil for you? What kind of things? Anything special?